The first national conference “The Environment 2019” was organized successfully
Nalaikh (GMIT campus), 26.06.2019 “The Environment 2019” first national conference took place on June 5, 2019 within the World Environment Day.
The organizations and scientists which belongs to 4 topics including air pollution solutions, waste management, soil pollution solutions, environment and natural sciences have participated and introduced their research results. Therewith, they have made speech and discussed about Mongolian environmental issues. It was a significant meeting that will contribute to defining the sector's development trends. In addition, “Environment and engineering” students’ academic meeting was organized for Bachelor and Master degree within the conference.
Students of NUM-School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, MUST-School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Power Engineering School, NMIT and GMIT have participated in conference and the following winners were awarded:
- 1st place: D.Ganbileg - Reducing chromium content in waste water of tannery using iron magnetic nanoparticles (NMIT)
- 2nd place: G.Bat-Erdene – Heat loss estimation for house and reducing heat loss (MUST-School of Civil Engineering and Architecture)
- 3rd place: G.Buyanzaya - Structural analysis of aerodynamic conditions for raining (NUM-School of Engineering and Applied Sciences)
- 1st place: D.Adiyasuren - Processing of plastic wastes by pyrolysis (NUM-School of Engineering and Applied Sciences)
- 2nd place: B.Ninjbadgar - Cleaning the soil contaminated with oil by bioremediation (NUM- School of Arts and Sciences)
- 3rd place: B.Usukhbayar – Ecological footprint survey of solid waste which was open abandoned (NUM-School of Engineering and Applied Sciences)