Benefits for both sides
Our core principle is, to set up a vital link between education, research and industry in order to educate highly qualified technology experts with skills, which are needed by employers, and to advance research and innovation for the benefit of society. Universities founded on this context excel and are linked to strong economies and rising standards of living. This is achieved through innovation in teaching and learning, in‐company programs, industry designed courses, and placement and internships for students. By following this approach and the philosophy of engineering education through application-oriented learning, teaching and research, GMIT is unique in Mongolia.
Opportunities for cooperation:
The landscape of collaboration between GMIT and industry consists of a wide variety of domains where there is real expertise and strength, often of a highly specialist kind.
These domains are wide ranging:
- Future‐oriented research in advanced technologies, to in‐house up-skilling of employees;
- University science facilities and laboratory development, to support for entrepreneurial research students finding their way in the business world;
- Providing progression routes to higher‐level apprenticeships, to enhancing the skills of post-doctoral staff for their transition into the business world;
- Improving enterprise skills amongst our undergraduates, to enabling small companies to recognize the value of employing a first graduate;
- Supporting spin‐out companies from research teams, to helping government agencies attract major.
Benefits for Mongolian society and economy:
- Accelerating innovation in Mongolia and creating the foundation for new technologies and products;
- Growing Mongolia‘s skilled workforce and creating the foundation for new jobs in Mongolia;
- Increasing competitiveness of Mongolian companies, particularly to attract greater investments and retain jobs in Mongolia;
- Establishing the foundation for creating new Mongolian companies;
- Identifying new solutions to critical Mongolian challenges and problems.
Benefits for GMIT and its students:
- Studying close to reality: The needs of industry and society are considered, e.g. within study projects;
- GMIT’s students gain comprehensive practical experiences through extensive internships already within their studies;
- Through mentoring students know the expectations of their future employees;
- Realization of state-of-the-art research projects, which are meaningful for Mongolia’s economy and society.